What are the chances of a med student asking for a cup of coffee throughout their educational career? 100% chance. Sad to say, sleep becomes a foreign concept to students and they end becoming dependent on coffee to get them through day and night. Here's an easy iced coffee recipe that you can easily contour fit to anyone's liking. If you know me, you'll know that I always try sneaking in ingredients in all of my recipes to make them healthier, even if just a bit. With the amount of stress these students go through, they'll need all the nutrients they can get!
- 1/2 cup boiling water (you can use a microwave)
- 1tsp instant coffee (1/2tsp extra for extra strength)
- 1 heaping tbsp white sugar
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup regular milk (cream, evaporated, or condensed for a richer texture)
- 1 large glass of ice
1. Combine coffee, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a mug. Add boiling water to dissolve.
2. Add coffee mixture to a tall glass of ice.
3. Add milk.
4. Stir till ice cold.
*Click HERE for a cooking dictionary.
Optional: top with whipped cream, add in your favorite syrup, top with caramel, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or chocolate sauce. Although adding too much sugar and fat can counter the wanted effects of caffeine.