Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Creamy Garlic Chive Butter Spread

It's not hard to taste the fact that butter is perfect in almost everything ahhaha.

Today, I decided to make a spread that would go great with soft bread rolls (along with some sort of pasta dish).  Before the idea came about, I was reminiscing about the days when I'd visit Boudin and request 6 extra pats of butter to go with whatever I ordered (usually Clam Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl MMMmmmmMMm).  Of course I didn't consume all pats of butter at one time (though I came close one time) I always left happy knowing that my stash in my refrigerator back at home would get bigger.  If I could describe Boudin in two words, well, maybe three, it would be Sourdough Bread and Butter. In light of my fond memories, here's a delicious butter spread recipe that will more than likely leave you and your stomach smiling. 

This creamy spread is delicious on top of toasted bread rolls, cutlets, fried foods, hamburgers, chicken burgers, and can be made as a base for pastas. Stay tuned for a pasta recipe that I recently made using this spread.
Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter (I use land o lakes light, salted)
1 garlic clove minced finely
~1/3 cup chopped chives
1 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
If using unsalted butter add 1/2 tsp salt.  If not, no need to add salt.
1 tbsp cream cheese
6 tbsp evaporated milk

Directions
1. Melt butter in sauce pan for fry pan Medium high heat.
2. add butter, chives, parsley, pepper, salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning as soon as butter is melted. Turn heat down to medium low heat to prevent burning garlic, creating a bitter taste.
3. Stir frequently for ~5 min or until mixture starts bubbling.
4.  Add cream cheese and evaporated milk.  Stir in with other ingredients.  Once uniformed, cook for another min or so.  Turn off heat and immediately transfer into a container and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

39th Anniversary of Grenada's Independence

2.7.13 St. George's Downtown and National Stadium Grenada, West Indies. © Katherine Fung, All rights reserved.  Grenada, The ...