~20-30 min; 2 servings
2 handfuls spinach
drizzle olive oil
roasted sesame seeds (optional)
squeeze lemon juice (optional)
2-3 strips bacon
1 large ripe tomato sliced
6 mushroom heads sliced
2 stalks chives (or green onions or 1 small onion)
1 garlic clove sliced
1 cup cooked bow ties
1 tbsp butter
salt/pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan under medium low, cook bacon to desired consistency. I like mine crispy. Transfer bacon to a plate and save fat. Immediately add chives, garlic, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Stir fry until mushrooms have wilted and browned a bit ~5min. Place to the side.
2. Add a drizzle of oil to pan and add tomatoes in a single layer. Add salt and pepper. grill until they have wilted a bit. shake the pan back and forth to prevent tomatoes from sticking to pan from time to time (~4min). cooking tomatoes will bring out a nice roasted and sweet flavor.
3. While tomatoes are cooking, bring a pot of water up to a boil. Place steaming saucer inside. Turn heat down to medium. Add spinach and steam to desired texture. I only steamed mine for 3min. Note: the spinach will continue to cook once taken out. Sprinkle salt, pepper, olive oil, sesame seeds and toss to coat evenly.
4. add a single egg to each buttered steaming cup. you may sprinkle pepper or herbs on top. Stem to desired consistency. To check for consistency, shake the cup back and fort. For medium, the middle should barely wiggle. for hard, the center shouldn't move at all. for easy, the center should wiggle a lot. Caution: be careful to carefully remove cups from steamer with oven gloves or a towel and watch out for hot steam when opening pot.
5. Reserve 1/4 of your mushroom/tomato mixture. To this, add 1 cup of cooked bow ties, 1 tbsp butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheese. Cook until heated though and cheese has melted.
6. Plate: stack spinach, tomato, mushroom, and eggs. place bacon on the side. makes 3 stacks + 2 servings of pasta.
|You can buy the steamer (inside the pot) from Hubbards located in the Food Fair Complex. It's only 12EC!|
|For the Mr.|
|I just tossed my portion all in one bowl hahaha. That's just how I roll.|