Friday, August 17, 2012

Visa Renewal Process for Significant Others

Front Entrance to Ministerial Building

Immigration and Passport Office

Ministerial Complex, Botanical Gardens

Tanteen, St. George's, Grenada, W.I.
phone: 1.473.440.2456
phone: 1.473.440.4765
phone: 1.473.435.2869
fax:       1.473.440.4165
Hours of operation: M-F 8am - 3:45pm

Ministry of Treasury

Ministerial Complex. Botanical Gardens

Tanteen, St. George, Grenada, W.I.
Hours of operation:
M-F 8am - 4pm
lunch:12pm - 1pm

Grace and Angela <3<3<3
If you're a significant other, take a look in your passport for a stamp you should have received upon arrival. It should be dated approximately 6 months from when you first arrived.  Within one week (no earlier, no later) of expiration of that date, you will be required to renew your visa.    

The Whole Process in a Nutshell

1.  Ask your student to obtain a letter of enrollment (1st floor Bourne Center) including beginning and end date of enrollement, the names of the SO and his/her children, date of requested extension (not to exceed more than 3 months).
2.  At the Immigration office fall in the "receiving of application" line to obtain a "Extension of Stay" form.  Have the documents listed below prepared to be shown. Note: In the "Port of Arrival" section, write "Maurice Bishop International Airport."
3.  Fill out form and after, turn it in at the same window.
4.  Wait to be called (approx. 20-40min depending on how busy they are) into a room where a worker will sit down with you one on one and issue you a stamp.  Note:  For those planning on leaving for break after current term - If the date of departure after current term exceeds enrollment date of student, make sure to tell the officer.  He/she will more than likely move you extension day to cover your whole stay. For example, if your SO's term ends on 12/6/12 but you're not scheduled to leave for break until 12/30/12, let them know.
5. Worker will hold onto your documents and issue you an invoice.
6. Take invoice to Treasury office (as soon as you exit, turn right and go down stairs) and pay fees.
7. Take receipt back up to worker and you are finished.

What to Bring With You 
(Obtained from the SO website. Please visit their site for a more thorough description of the visa renewal process).
  • Your passport
  • Your child(ren)'s passport(s)
  • School ID
  • Your marriage certificate (if applicable)
  • Your SGU letter of current enrollment
  • Money: $25 EC per person for each month you are extended (even partial months are 25EC so you may have to pay 100EC for a 3-month extension depending on the date that you arrive at the office)
  • Pen to complete paperwork
  • Book to read (in case the line is long)
  • Children do not have to go with you.
Getting there

By Bus
Take the SGU Grand Anse bus. Get off at Texaco on Maurice Bishop Highway.  Walk up around the corner to the local bus stop. Catch a #1 (2.50EC) bus to St. Georges.  Tell the conductor you want to go to the Ministerial building.  He will drop you to the nearest stop.  Note: Even if you know which stop to get off at, make sure you tell the conductor ahead of time where you're trying to go because the bus may chose the route to St. Georges that does not pass by the Ministerial Building.

By Car
Drive towards IGA. At the Roundabout next to the field, drive towards the direction of the local bus stop/food vendors.  Keep driving on for about 5min past food fair, until you arrive at a road next to water and boats (lagoon road). At the roundabout, fork to the right. At the stop light, turn left.  Entrance will be right next to roundabout.

Walk all the way up the hill. Ministerial building across glass building (pictures below).

Bus stop in the middle of picture, in between two trees.
Go here first.  It's across of the glass building (picture right below this pictue).
Ministry Treasury front entrance.


  1. Parking software condominium
    email blast to tenants
    Guest parking
    Online Parking Software for apartment owners Assosiation
    Due to the overwhelming needs for well-organized parking systems nowadays, smart parking solutions are being introduced in the marketplace. The best part here is that these excellent parking software are available online. Ideally, these smart tools are perfect options for apartment owner. If you are interested to get the real benefit of these tools, it is important that you are crystal clear with all its features and its implications.
    Online parking software for apartment owners are excellent facility management systems that are very flexible and reliable. Plus, another great thing about these tools is that they do not frequent upgrades in order to maintain their operational efficiency. More than that, these dependable online parking software are deemed as straightforward solutions to the increasing height of operational challenges.
    Monitoring and control
    With online parking management software, apartment owners can have an easy access with the different aspects of their facilities such as VMS signs, security alarms, lane traffic and equipment status. Also, they have the capability to close and open barrier gates as well as restart lane equipment. You can also count on their operational efficiency when it comes to sending a new fee to the pay station.
    Revenue management
    Online parking software serves as smart turn-key facility management solution for apartment owners which include real time transactions, occupancy counts, ticket tracking, parking rate programming, sign controls, validations and more. All of these excellent benefits can be achieved with the help of a smartphone. In addition, coupon management and validation become more cost effective and simpler with the presence of integrated module that comes with standard features.
    Validation solutions
    There are many reliable parking software designer offers wide array of intelligent validation solutions. Say for instance, there are parking management solutions where in merchant accounts as well as sub-accounts are made in the database. As such, there is an available option to come up with unlimited quantity of merchant accounts. Plus, if you are in tight budget, there’s nothing to fret because these types of validation are created in a single-hour fee which usually comes with discounts. Once the validations profiles are already made, they can now be used for wide range of applications such as barcode sticker, self-service units and chaser tickets.
    Access control
    At present, parking access needs wide array of controls as well as billing options that provide apartment owners flexible solutions in bringing in new business. As such, these online parking software for apartment owners are their enterprise parking access brilliant control solution. Every facility owner can now take advantage of multiple options of the latest technologies such as AVI, LPR, and chip card.
    Now that you are aware about the availability of excellent parking management software, you can now maximize the various operational aspects of your facility. With the help of the excellent functionalityof these software, every apartment owner can now have the real benefit of a well-streamlined parking systems. Check out these online parking management tools now and see what they can do for you. Visit their website at for more information about their Online Parking Software for apartment owners.