10-15min; ~5 small pancakes
1/2 cup pre sifted white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (creates great flavor and texture)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 small carrot sliced thinly
~1 cup shredded cabbage
3 strands chives roughly chopped
chicken or turkey deli slices as needed
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1- 1/2tsp white sugar
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
roasted sesame seeds (I used soy sauce flavor)
1. In large bowl, add flours, salt, sugar, butter, egg, milk, and seasonings. Mix.
2. Add veggies. carrot, cabbage, chives. (try to slice thin so they will cook faster)
3. Heat a non stick pan medium high heat. Add a drizzle of oil.
4. Spoon in batter to desired size. using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture out thin.
5. Don't flip until the bottom has developed a nice golden texture.
6. after flipping pancake, compress down with spatula to force uncooked batter out.
7. For sauce, toss everything in a little bowl and mix.
8. assemble: take two pancakes and sandwich your favorite deli meat in between. Top with sauce and sesame seeds.